WILKES-BARRE, PA (June 15, 2020) – News that Luzerne County, PA will be entering the green phase was recently made and with that, Mohegan Sun Pocono (MSP) is excited to announce a public reopening at 10:00am on Monday, June 22nd. This reopening will include comprehensive safety and social distancing protocols, some of which include thermal temperature scans at all points of entry, protective mask requirements and limited guest capacity.
“Over the past few months Mohegan Sun Pocono has been laser-focused on preparing our property for a safe reopen and we’re really excited to welcome back both our valued guests and more of our incredible team members on June 22nd.” said Anthony Carlucci, President & General Manager of MSP. “With the guidance of industry experts, regulatory agencies, and in closely mirroring the comprehensive protocols put in place by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment’s (MGE) flagship property in Connecticut, we feel we are well-prepared for our doors to open and can’t wait to welcome guests to a clean, safe and fun environment.”
Mohegan Sun Pocono temporarily closed all casino and resort operations on the evening of Monday, March 16th, due to necessary precautions related to COVID-19. In the past few months, comprehensive safety protocols and technology have been implemented across MSP for the safety of all guests, team members and the surrounding community. All of these new safety features can be found at Mohegansunpocono.com as well, though key measures and information include:
- Non-invasive thermal cameras for both team member and guest entrances. (Any guest or team member that registers a temperature of 100.2 or higher will be rechecked, and if the reading is still high, they will be asked politely to return when they feel healthy and contact their healthcare provider)
- Protective face masks will be required for all team members and guests
- Various slot machines will be turned off and table game seating will be reduced to implement and promote social distancing
- Significant increases in hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfecting wipes will be present across all sections of MSP
- Highly frequent cleaning and disinfecting throughout all of Mohegan Sun Pocono will occur, including but not limited to all gaming positions, public seating areas and restrooms
- All restaurants and bars will have reduced seating to allow for physical distancing and VIP Lounges will have full service stations only
- Additional safety signage and floor decals have been installed throughout the property to promote and reinforce social distancing
- Plexiglass dividers at transactional locations have been installed
- All Mohegan Sun Pocono team members will take part in a COVID-19 training program upon returning for work
*For Mohegan Sun Pocono’s initial reopening, there will only be two guest entries: the main valet entrance and hotel valet entrance. The racing entrance will open in the near future.
Areas of Mohegan Sun Pocono that will remain closed for the initial reopening will include Valet Parking, Seasons Buffet, the Poker Room, pools and gyms.
The Hotel at Mohegan Sun Pocono will resume operations on Sunday, June 28th and will begin accepting reservations on Monday, June 22nd.
Additional information on safety measures and all other developments are available at mohegansunpocono.com/updates.
ABOUT MOHEGAN SUN POCONO
Mohegan Sun Pocono, owned by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment, was the first destination to bring gaming to Pennsylvania in 2006 and since then has become one of the premier entertainment, gaming, shopping, and dining destinations in the state. Situated on 400 acres in Plains, Pennsylvania, Mohegan Sun Pocono features a 238-room hotel with on-site spa and adjacent 20,000 square-foot Convention Center. It is currently home to 82,000 square feet of gaming space including nearly 60 live table games, over 1,900 slot machines and electronic table games, a variety of dining and shopping options, nightlife, entertainment and live harness racing. Mohegan Sun Pocono is within easy access of New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware. More information is available by calling 1.888.WIN.IN.PA (1.888.946.4672) or visiting our website. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram, download our app and view us on YouTube.